- £240 – Kobo Nia + GPS/Barometer/Vario (incl’s post)
- £60 – Build-only service (customer supplies Kobo & instrument)
How to purchase
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Despatch after 3~4 days (or next day from stock)
- UK – insured/tracked delivery is next day
- Worldwide – insured/tracked delivery av. 3~5 working days
- Payment: Bank Transfer (UK), Paypal (Worldwide)
Some more detail
Kobo Nia – key features of this new model (Sept 2020) are:
- 212 dpi HD resolution (XCsoar resolves as well as 300 dpi)
- Touch screen is more responsive
- Smaller external dimensions than older 6″ models
- Whilst XCSoar is not yet support for the Nia, trials have shown XCSoar behaves as expected in flight.
The instrument fitted is a combined GPS/Barometer (the ‘Bluefly’), which also has a useful (mutable) audio vario. The GPS chip is a SierraWireless XA1110 which uses 3 satellite systems; GPS, GLONASS and GALELIO. The barometer provides aviation standard barometric altitude (as GPS altitude is only indicative). Over 8,500 Bluefly’s have been sold worldwide since 2013; its a brilliantly simple and reliable instrument.
Do ask if you have more detailed questions – most pilots do!
General Kobo features
- The clearest sunlight-readable device available
- Autonomous unit, with own GPS, Barometer and battery
- Run time up to 8 hours (new models)
- Tiny/supplementary power doubles this runtime
- Mutable audio vario….
- Uses XCSoar; from simple to advanced needs
- Compact – just 9mm thick and 180 grams
- Simplicity & reliability (Linux based)
- Ready to use, complete with quick-start guide
- Ongoing support/help by email
- Ready-to-use units have a year’s warranty
- See the ACCESSORIES tab for ideas for how to mount your kobo.