You can contact us at email@example.com
New units with Gethighstayhigh sourcing everthing:
- £275 – Kobo Aura Edition 2 +GPS/Barometer (Bluefly)
- Note that Gethighstayhigh supplied hardware includes a year warranty excluding physical damage
or, Customer supplies hardware
- £60 – Build only
Kobo availability: The currently available Kobo is the Aura Edition 2, which has a 212dpi screen, and a capactive screen (unlike all other Kobo’s that have an infrared screen). A capactive screen, if used with gloves, will require a stylus. Most other kobo’s out of production are readily available 2nd hand via sources such as ebay (see KOBO SELF BUILD tab for suitable models)
General Kobo features
- The clearest sunlight-readable device available
- Integrated with GPS and Barometer
- 4.5~8 hrs runtime (depending on model/instrument)
- Supplementary power easily adds to this runtime
- Mutable audio vario….
- Uses XCSoar; from simple to advanced needs
- Compact – just 9mm thick and 180 grams
- Ready to use, complete with quick-start guide
- To buy, contact us at Getkobomini@hotmail.com
The cost can be reduced by using an older/pre-loved Kobo, and/or choosing a GPS-only device (i.e. no barometer).Whilst the older units are still perfectly functional, the main differences will be:
- a lower screen resolution (typically 170dpi instead of 212dpi, although the GLO HD has 300dpi)
- 1,000mAh battery instead of 1,500mAh (giving 4.5hrs with a Bluefly, 7hrs as a GPS-only device)
- Sometimes there is some ghosting on the older models
- The older 5″ Kobo Mini can be useful if cockpit space is severely limited (most usable Kobo’s have 6″ screens)
- A GPS-only device will not have barometric altitude. Altitude readings/computations using GPS derived altitude should only be considered indicative.
If delivery to the airfield/hill isn’t possible, then insured UK post is £8, and most overseas locations are £12. Payment by Bank transfer or PayPal.