You can contact us at email@example.com
Ready-to-use new units with Gethighstayhigh sourcing everthing are £275 which includes insured post. The unit will be a Kobo Aura Edition 2 +GPS/Barometer/Vario (Bluefly). Gethighstayhigh supplied hardware includes a year warranty excluding physical damage .
The Aura Edition 2, is the current production Kobo that is XCSoar compatible and has a 212dpi screen. It has a capactive screen (unlike most discontinued Kobo’s that have an infrared screen), so HG/PG pilots will require capacitive gloves or conductive thread sewn into a finger of conventional gloves.
See the ACCESSORIES tab for ideas for how to mount your kobo.
A Build-only service (£60) is also available for customer’s supplying their own Kobo & Instrument. See KOBO SELF BUILD tab for suitable Kobo models.
General Kobo features
- The clearest sunlight-readable device available
- Integrated with GPS and Barometer
- up to 7.5 hrs runtime (depending on model/instrument)
- Supplementary power easily adds to this runtime
- Mutable audio vario….
- Uses XCSoar; from simple to advanced needs
- Compact – just 9mm thick and 180 grams
- Ready to use, complete with quick-start guide
- To buy, contact us at Getkobomini@hotmail.com
The cost can be reduced by using an older/pre-loved Kobo, and/or choosing a GPS-only device (i.e. no barometer).Whilst the older units are still perfectly functional, the main differences will be:
- a lower screen resolution (typically 170dpi instead of 212dpi, although the GLO HD has 300dpi)
- 1,000mAh battery instead of 1,500mAh (giving 4.5hrs with a Bluefly, 7hrs as a GPS-only device)
- Sometimes there is some ghosting on the older models
- The older 5″ Kobo Mini can be useful if cockpit space is severely limited (most usable Kobo’s have 6″ screens)
- A GPS-only device will not have barometric altitude. Altitude readings/computations using GPS derived altitude should only be considered indicative.
Payment by Bank transfer or PayPal.